Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lacey Days of Summer


How does the old song go? ..."Roll out those lacey, crazy, hazy days of summer, those days of soda and pop corn and beer." Yes I'm working on some summer lace. It is for the sweater twin set I mentioned in an earlier post. Once I made sure that my yarn-overs (YO's!) were going the right direction then this pattern fell right into shape and now I'm ready to cast on for the front of the shell. This will be a great project to take to Squam Lake on vacation. The yarn is Classic Elite's Classic Silk - cotton, silk and just a tad of nylon for strength. It is super soft with a bit of a nub that makes it look like linen.

So my man George Hincapie is not doing as well as I had hoped in the Tour de France. However, I can still root for him and an American - Flyod Landis - who holds the yellow jersey as of today. My project for Tour TV Time is the Clapotis and you can see how that is coming along below. I'm only one more repeat away from starting my decrease rows. What strikes me about this piece is that the camera never does it justice. I would love to see a live exhibit of all the many bloggers Clapotis' one day. Maybe there needs to be a Clapotis Convention!



Well, my son is clamoring for dinner. My goodness - sometimes I forget myself. Off to the kitchen to dig up dinner. We'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both items look divine! I cannot wait to see them finished. Your SP

10:23 AM  
Blogger Knithole: a blog about my knitting said...

Wow your Clapotis is beautiful. Makes me want to knit another one!


Kim

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home