Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My First Colinette


I've always dreamed of buying some Colinette yarn, but even better is to receive it as a gift. I have got to have one of the most fabulous Secret Pals because she sent me my first skein of Colinette (Zanziba to be exact!). It is so lovely I had to pose it with some other cherished objects...a vase a dear friend bought for me on her trip to England and a beautiful family heirloom jewlery box my mother recently gave me. I really need to ponder what to make with this yarn. I'm open to suggestions from anyone! Please help me. I want to do the right thing with this yarn. For now I have gingerly placed it in my yarn display basket on my dresser. I love being able to see all the wonderful colors and textures of the fibers I own - so I keep them on display always. It gives me joy to look at that basket each day.

Secret Pal - if you are reading this I hope you have seen the comment I left at your blog and read the email I sent to you. If not - thank you thank you again for such a terrific gift --- which included not only the Colinette but other wonderful spa items that I am THOROUGHLY enjoying! You are super!

Here is the progress on the back of the Thorn and Thistle sweater/shell. This project has been a real learning experience and now I am on an "easy stretch" of the pattern. I'm loving how it is turning out and I also love that it is so light weight - not heavy and saggy like cotton sweaters can get.


OK - so Floyd Landis did it. I must say that I love to hear the Star Bangled Banner played on the streets of France! How inspiring were Floyd's last few rides. Whenever I ever begin to feel defeated I will think of Floyd. I cheered for him and knitted furiously as he pedaled to victory. I had to keep flipping back and forth between the British Open and the Tour on that final Sunday, but I'm not complaining. I''ll be ready to go next year when the Tour returns.

Bye for now and remember - leave comments - bloggers love comments.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your gifties! I have not had a chance to read the e-mail you sent because I cannot get my Hotmail e-mail on my work computer and I haven't had time at home to get into it. I will read it soon though.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, the Colinette looks delicious! Is there enough for a shawl? And I love the beginnings of your Thorn and Thistle. And also the photos you post are always beautiful - and inspiring.
Blog on!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home